The Photographer

A person that lives in moderation and artistic at all moment. My grammar and spelling is complete sh*t and I don't care as long you can read it. I’m really sorry about my bad english and about my bad grammar, this is the only way I can share my experience with most of you guys. Enjoice ~


Friday

Muay Thai Boxing Challenge Super 8 - Part 1

I always love boxing fighting, we can see miracle happen, fallen warriors rise drastically, emotions, drama and so much more. I always watch a boxing match and the contender is one of my favorite. But the one I'm about to share with is something different than the boxing we know. Its a Muay Thai Boxing. Its a combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching technique

When it comes to Muay Thai, unlike boxing, they use every limbs on your body. Hands, Legs, Kick, Punch. This time I was invited to a Mua Thai challenge Super 8 extreme fight held at Titiwangsa Lake stadium, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.


there's only few photographer are allowed to stand beside the ring. I was trying my best to get as close as I can. I even almost end up climbing the ring. 

the challenging part for me is not to get a great angle or lighting. My focus was to get the action WITH the emotions. When you get it right, other will come by it self.

at this moment it was the 2nd day to the final. I haven't upload yet the day 1 photo's because I'm away for awhile. I only have the 2nd day file with me right now

the 2nd day was full of dramatic action than the day 1

as the action and the drama goes on, I remember that I didn't let my self to look away from my view finder. Not even a sec. I just don't want to miss what's in front of me.

when I photographing something, I always remembering my self that the action happen in front of you will only happened once. It wont happen again and they wont repeat it for you. If you missed it, its your lost. If you don't capture it, someone else will. If you did, It will be only yours

and the second thing in my mind was to get as close as I can with the scene. Not by mean get my self closer with the subject. I mean get as close as I can to portray the action and the moments as clear as I could. By that, even if it takes me to get on it or be anywhere I can, I would.


It's not easy as how it looks to photograph a boxing fight. Especially when there's other photographers around you. I cant get in, but my camera does hehe... 

I think that I had the best spot among others. Its right at the center of the ring on the outside. I cant move around like what I did on the day 1.I climbed the ring and almost being hit by one of fighter.

and I did do some research before going out and shooting around

emotion and action is my main target

and the drama that happened all around

most people are trying to photograph punches being thrown and kick being slash

what Im trying to do here is to get inside them, to get what they feel, try to know what they think. 

try to be in their shoe and try to capture it as best as I could to portray their feelings

its not about did you get the right lighting, getting the right angle. Getting the best shots of punches 

Its not just about using burst and keep on pressing the shutter button and hope that you get the best shots

its about to get as close as can with the viewer to the environment

to the moment that happened

that is what Im trying to do

and I hope I shared the best as I could to bring the viewer dive in the actions and emotions

will bring more on the final fight and day 1 scene. to view more of the pictures taken, add me up at my facebook. enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...